Skip to content

Need support? | M-F 7am -4pm Mountain | [email protected] | Text: 720-807-9007

The Industry Standard State Gun Law Reference Book

• Available in both downloadable or physical formats. Updated at least twice annually.
  • From ConcealedCarry.com, the most trusted resource for American gun owners.

Starting at just $9.99

BONUS: Your purchase includes PERMANENT access to all future versions and updates to the ebook. Every time we update it, just login to your account and download the latest version.

Looking for a comprehensive guide to gun laws in the US? Look no further. This simple to navigate book has everything you need to legally navigate the country with your firearms.

"Almost daily, gun owners throughout the country write us and ask about the gun laws of their states. Your guide has provided an indispensable resource for answering their questions."

-- Michael Hammond, Legislative Counsel, Gun Owners of America

michael hammond GOA

Book Features:

A simple summary for each state and DC which includes:

• Open Carry Laws
  • If the state has a Duty to Notify Law Enforcement
  • Laws relating to State and National Parks
  • Laws relating to possession in establishments that serve alcohol
  • Laws relating to the possession of firearms at K-12 schools & Colleges
  • State magazine capacity limitations if any
  • State laws that limit lawful possession and use of suppressors if any
  • How one can legally possess a firearm in the vehicle in a state where the gun owner has no recognized permit(s)
  • State firearm law uniformity and preemption laws
  • Laws relating to firearms in Hotels
  • What department or agency in the state issues concealed carry permits
  • If the state issues concealed carry permits to non-residents
  • Current permit reciprocity
Sample Page
Sample Page

Plus a state summary by legal topic. At a glance see the laws for all 50 states plus DC for one given legal topic.

We have also included over 30 pages of information to inform and clarify specific laws and concerns relating to traveling with a firearm including:

• AIR TRAVEL and how to properly check a firearm, firearm parts, or ammunition on your next flight
  • How to understand and apply FOPA 926A to be able to transport firearms through any state regardless of local laws
  • How to research and understand the laws that regulate carry of a firearm inside a National Park, Monument, or Memorial

"As an Attorney who has built a practice around Self-Defense law; I often have to remind clients that gun law, generally speaking is nothing like self-defense law. Unlike self-defense law, gun law varies enormously from state to state and while many gun owners will never be involved in a lethal self-defense incident; most are impacted daily by gun laws. The Legal Boundaries by State book is an impressive reference guide for relevant gun laws for today's traveling gun owner. It is well organized and easy to understand. Further, customers get ongoing no-cost access to the most updated version of the eBook which is a significant value. Don't leave home without it!"

-- Andrew Branca, Attorney & Author, Law of Self Defense

andrewportraitheadshot2018

Starting at just $9.99

Which Gun Laws Could You Be Unknowingly Breaking?

legal boundaries by state

Here are two examples of people who had to do battle in the courtroom to stay out of jail and prevent being convicted of felonies that would jeopardize their ability to ever OWN a gun again.

In July Brian Fletcher was arrested in New Jersey for doing something he was taught to do back in his home state of North Carolina. “As co-owner of a company that repairs cell towers, Brian Fletcher and his crews were responding to an emergency call that sent them to New Jersey where half a million people were without power due to a storm. But in an instant, Brian went from helping people to getting a crash course in “Jersey justice.”

“Elizabeth Elderli never leaves her Houston home unarmed. So, when the former U.S. Marine visited Manhattan's September 11 Memorial, two guns were in her backpack when she saw a “no firearms” sign at the security checkpoint. Elderli told a police officer about the loaded 9-mm. and .380-caliber semi-automatic guns — both covered by her Texas-issued concealed weapons permit, which she believed was valid in New York. But she quickly learned that the Empire State's gun control laws bear no resemblance to those in effect back home. Elderli was arrested in the Saturday incident, charged with felony possession of a weapon and left facing 3 ½ to 15 years in prison.”

And if you think its just famously anti-gun states like New Jersey & New York that are getting people in trouble you are mistaken. Texas, Florida, Alaska, and other states that we often perceive to be very gun-friendly have gun laws that create traps for otherwise law-abiding gun owners.

BONUS: Your purchase includes PERMANENT access to all future versions and updates to the ebook. Every time we update it, just login to your account and download the latest version.

klint-macro

Klint Macro

Trigger Pressers Union

"As a professional firearm safety and defense instructor, I travel across state lines quite often, sometimes I fly, sometimes I drive. Traveling with firearms can be tricky as each state, and in some cases, each county can have a different set of rules governing firearms, knives, or any defensive tool. The “Legal Boundaries by State” book and digital file by ConcealedCarry.com is my first “goto" resource when seeing what can and can not be done in the states I am traveling through and traveling to. As laws and reciprocity agreements change with the wind we as responsible gun owners and family first responders must arm ourselves with the correct knowledge so that we don’t accidentally break the law. I know the folks at ConcealedCarry.com take great care to keep this resource as up to date as possible so good people don’t inadvertently break a law in a state that they visit or travel through. Breaking what may seem to be a silly law while traveling could mean the loss of your 2A Rights forever. You can’t protect your family from a jail cell. This is the only such resource that I offer on the Trigger Pressers Union website. I used it, so should you."

Starting at just $9.99

credit-cards-accepted1
guarantee

60 Day Money Back Guarantee

No question asked 60-day refund or replacement guaranteed. If you are unhappy for any reason, get your money back. Rock-solid guarantee.

small-business

We Are An American Small Business

Your purchase supports American families including our team of veterans, law enforcement and other tax-paying Americans.

grey-lock

100% Secure Online Payment

All orders are AES-256 Bit encrypted through a HTTPS secure network. We respect your privacy and do NOT store your card info on our server.

"The folks at ConcealedCarry.com have released a new state-by-state gun law book called “Legal Boundaries by State”. In my opinion, the e-book version is more useful. Load it into the reader app on your phone, and you will always have the handy updated reference available. There are websites that offer similar information, but I trust the folks at ConcealedCarry.com to get the information right and keep it up to date. In less than 100 pages, this book provides a lot of useful information, particularly for those that travel across state lines on a regular basis."

-- Karl Rhen - Firearm Instructor | Grand Master Competitive Shooter

KeelTacCon

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What Sources Do You Use For the Book?

A: Sources include industry-standard publications and websites, statements and opinions issued by Attorney Generals or State Police, statute, and case law. ALL INFORMATION is confirmed by a minimum of two credible sources.

Q: How Often Is the Book Updated?

A: We update the book a minimum of twice a year and sometimes more often depending on the number of law changes and their severity.

Q: How Do I Know What Version of the Book I Have?

A: On the bottom left of page 1 of your book it will reflect the month and year of the update you have in hand. If it is more than 6 months ago you probably have an outdated copy of the book but you can always contact us to confirm what version is currently in production and shipping.

Q: Is There A Changelog or List of Changes Since the Last Version?

A: We do not publish a changelog for the book.

Q: Can You Clarify How Customers Can Get Permanent FREE Access to New Versions Of The Book?

A: If you purchase or have every purchased the eBook (including if you have purchased the combo eBook with Physical Book) you are entitled to permenent access to the most updated copy of the eBook. To access it, login to your user account at ConcealedCarry.com/my-account and click on "My Downloads." You can also find the download link in your original email receipt.

RobBpic-261x300.jpg

Rob Beckman

Host of the
Firearm Trainers Podcast

NRA & USCCA Training Counselor

"I’m a computer guy and like to use my computer or smartphone to look up information but the one thing I really like in this book is the ability to find the information on a single state but also being able to see all the states in a table. That’s really handy and something no one does on their website. Plus if I don’t have wifi access I have a book to look through which you really get an appreciation of the various gun laws across the US when you can read and see them in a book."

Starting at just $9.99

Additional Product Reviews From Real Customers

Shaina - Verified Customer

Anybody that travels and carries needs this! Definitely comes in handy and laws are always changing so make sure you get updated on the new state laws. Better safe than sorry. Get the book and stay informed!

Steven - Verified Customer

This review is really about the service provided by Concealed carry. I initially was unable to download the book. However, Sam very expeditiously took action to make sure there was a link that I could use.

Though the book is handy, the Customer Service was exemplary. In Naval Parlance, Bravo Zulu. Other sites should get on board.

William White - Verified Customer

I bought the E version and love it. I do volunteer disaster relief work and may head to one state and depending on what the storm does the destination may be changed to a different state. I may also be sent to a different state when headed home. Having the E book on my phone I can easily check the laws before I enter the state.

Guy Pike - Verified Customer

I loved the hardcover book. looked over it thoroughly. had much valuable info. checked out the five states I frequently travel through. learned a few things I didn’t know. good job. thanks.

Dana Amann - Verified Customer

This is a must-have for everyone. All the information you need right at your fingertips. Hopefully someday soon, the country will make it legal for all of the states to have a universal recepetory license, until then, you need to have this information to save your bacon. Thank you for taking the time in putting all of this valuable information together for us all.

Frances Polmateer - Verified Customer

This book has a lot of information in it. Good to take on a long trip. We bought 2 of them 1 for the house and 1 for the car. We found the book very informative.

Karla Husby - Verified Customer

What a wonderful, informative book. So glad we purchased it. This answers a lot of questions about different states and their carry guidelines. It, to us, is a must have for traveling and for home state updates also. The e-book is a great way to take along on our lap top when traveling, especially for any new updates to laws. Both are a must have. Thank you for making these available to us. We like to stay with-in the law, but still be protecting ourselves and our loved ones.

Tasa Johnson - Verified Customer

I am a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit Instructor. I will definitely be using this book in my classes as a reference source. Quick and easy to compare states, especially the summary pages in the back of the book.